Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas is Over, Yah!

picture from Google images
Christmas is lots of money spent not only on presents but boxes, paper, bows, ribbons and name tags.  They get you ever way you turn.  That $20 gift you just bought is now totaling upwards to $30.  I don't think Christmas was meant to be commercialized.  Poor baby Jesus rode into Bethlehem on a donkey and spent his first night on earth wrapped in swaddling cloths and laying in a manger with hay for a bed.  Yes, we give the gifts in honor of his birthday but we are all going overboard .... don't you think?

Next Christmas my family and I have decided on a Homemade Christmas and I can't wait.  Yes, I paint pictures but I also woodwork, glass work, sew, cook and do a little gardening so there is no telling what I might give my family next year.  My 7 year old Grandson told me he just didn't have time to do all that ... but trust me he will!  In the beginning it was just meant to be my immediate bunch ... hubby, daughters, son-in-laws and the one grandson but my mother-in-law wants in already.  There is no telling who will join us by Christmas next year.  Anyone have any ideas for me?

By the way - Hope ya'll had a Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting: